Thursday, January 10, 2008

Josh Childress: Eugene Mall Tour Guide

Yep, I went to the mall with Josh Childress. I'm not a big fan of malls so visiting one was the last thing I expected to do in Eugene, OR when I made the trip up there in January 2004. But the Valley River Mall happened to be right next to the hotel. And Mr. Childress had a little time to kill and felt like checking out some shoes:

Note: I apologize for the video quality - it looks perfect when captured, but not so good after going through the Youtube compression process.





This mall excursion was the day before the unbelievable 83-80 win over the Ducks at Mac Court after coming back from a 19-point deficit in the 2nd half. Btw, Josh is one of my all-time favorites. Just a great, funny, unassuming, straight-up dude. And, as you know, a helluva basketball player, who is currently having an outstanding season for the Atlanta Hawks.

He's scoring 12.1 ppg on 60% from the floor this year, an unheard of field goal percentage for a wing in the NBA. 55% is #2 in the league right now. Prediction: Josh Childress will be an NBA All-Star within 3 years.

No comments: